Thursday, September 2, 2010

Horrible Day

Dear Best Friend,

Today I received a call from the school police officer telling me that my oldest son was taken to a mental hospital because he was threatening to commit suicide.  I am totally shocked and don't really know what I'm supposed to do.  They didn't give me very much information.

Last night he was acting odd and I talked to him about it, but he seemed just fine this morning, like normal.  I could tell he was feeling upset about his break-up with his girlfriend, which happened in May, and I know he was hoping that they would get back together.  He was also upset about not making the soccer team and if anything I kind of felt like he was taking this harder than even the whole girlfriend thing.  But mostly because the other guys on the team were treating him badly during practices and in the locker room.  I never really noticed how sensitive he was before he told me about all of that this week.

Still, even with all of that, I never would have thought he was upset enough to do something to himself.  I just find it all a total surprise.  I hope he will be okay.

-Your Best Friend

No comments: