Monday, December 20, 2010

Emotions

Dear Best Friend,

Last night I finally broke down and cried, for hours.  I've had so much emotion building inside and I've been trying to stay strong and not let it show.  But it just came pouring out and I couldn't stop.  I finally went to sleep around 6:00am this morning and woke up at 10:00 crying again. 

My husband had moments of understanding and then moments where he made it all worse.  I know he doesn't want me to cry but he is lost when it comes to being close to me when I am having an emotional time.  I think he finally got it around noon and I'm starting to recover.

I guess it's good that when I finally give into myself, it comes out as tears, rather than anger or other destructive behaviors.  Tears don't typically leave a path of destruction behind them.

I really want to have a better and more productive week.  It's Christmastime right?  A time of joy!  I need to find the joy.

-Your Best Friend

No comments: