Sunday, January 2, 2011

Church Today

Dear Best Friend,

I am still attending church every Sunday.  I wish you were but I understand everyone makes their own decisions about religion.  Still, because we had the same religious upbringing I'm going to write about this anyway.

I typically love attending church and I did enjoy today on some levels but I can't seem to tap into my spiritual side.  I enjoyed hearing the testimonies of the members of my ward and our Relief Society lesson was really good.  We talked about the "big rocks" in our lives and how putting those things first allows us to make room for all of the other things we want and need to do.  Some of those big rocks are reading our scriptures, saying prayers, spending quality time with family, forgiving others and repenting.  It was a great reminder for me.  I had been doing all of those things before my son got sick but I have neglected them for several months and I can really feel the difference.  I'm hoping to place more focus on those things starting today.  In fact I already got out my scriptures and read a chapter.  I need the strength to get through this time and I know that it will come if I change my focus to those "big rocks".

-Your Best Friend

No comments: